Monday, September 1, 2014

Insights on the Formative Years for Pastor Conrad Mbewe

What a delight it was to have this choice servant of God in my home for a brief visit. During our time together he shared some insights into the formative years of his life and ministry. Conrad's experiences brought back many memories of my own. It seems to me that during the 60's and 70's there was a revival of interest in the Reformed faith. At that time the Lord was pleased to use the books that Conrad mentions here to bring many to a deeper understanding of the gospel by the writings of the men he mentions.  The books he mentions were the same books that the Lord used in my life as well. When I reflect back on my formative years with my dear friend Bill Tipton I recall how those same authors were used of the Lord to mold and shape my theological thinking. 

To my Berean family, I am planning, Lord willing, to be in the pulpit this Sunday. I have a long way to go before I'm back to normal but I am hoping that I can at least get back to Berean to open the Word and lead you all into the presence of God to worship and to adore our Lord.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

Sincerely, In Christ,
Pastor

No comments: