Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Don't Remove The Ancient Landmarks


                J. C. Ryle of England once said:


“The longer I live the more I am convinced that the world needs no new Gospel, as some profess to think. I am thoroughly persuaded that the world needs nothing but a bold, full, unflinching teaching of the “old paths”. The heart of man is the same in every age… I repeat most emphatically that I am not ashamed of what are commonly called “Evangelical principles”…and I see no reason for giving them up…No doubt other schools of thought produce great outward effects on mankind, gather large congregations, attain great popularity, and by means of music, ornaments, gestures…make a great show of religion.” J. C. Ryle  

Let us not depart from the Old Paths and the evangelical principles which are the traditions of the ancient church.


No comments: