Friday, July 11, 2014

Take My Desires Lord And Grant Me The Grace To Be Like Jesus


Philippians 2:5-7

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the  form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant..."


Take My Desires, Lord

Take my desire to be loved and enable me to love others.

Take my desire to have friends and enable me to befriend others.

Take my desire to be understood and enable me to understand others.

Take my desire to be comforted and enable me to comfort others.

Take my desire to be forgiven and enable me to forgive others.

Take my desire to be accepted and enable me to accept others.

Take my desire to be happy and enable me to make others happy.

Take my desire for honor and recognition and enable me to honor others.

Take my desire to be served and enable me to serve others.

Take my desire for praise and enable me to praise others.

Take my desire to be heard and enable me to listen to others.

Take my desire to be first and enable me to put others first and myself last.

Take my desire for revenge and enable me to show mercy to oth- ers.

Lord, take all of my desires, and in return, grant me the grace to be like Jesus, for in this alone shall I find true peace and happiness.


Robert L. Dickie July 23, 1996 

No comments: