This is the fourth video on Apologetics and I trust it will be a blessing to your heart.
Five Reasons Why I Believe
I. Five Reasons I Believe That The Bible Is The Word Of God
II. Five Reasons I Believe That Jesus Is The Son Of God
A. Because of His teachings
B. Because of His holy life
C. Because of His fulfillment of Old Testament prophecies
D. Because of His miracles
E. Because of His resurrection
III. Five Reasons I Believe That God Exists
A. Because the Bible and Jesus says so.
1. This is a powerful argument.
2. I have already established that the Bible is the Word of God and that Jesus is the Son of God.
3. If we establish these two points it is easy to establish that God exists.
B. Because the creation and all of nature testifies to the existence of God.
1. Rom. 1:20.
2. The creation cries out to us from everything that we see as the footprints of the divine handiwork on nature.
C. Because the classical (or traditional) arguments for the existence of God demonstrate the high probability of God’s existence:
1. The cosmological argument-the argument that every effect has a cause.
2. The teleological argument- the argument that design or creativity demands a creator or maker.
3. The ontological argument- the argument that teaches the very idea of God presupposes His existence.
4. The moral argument- the argument that teaches that the knowledge of right and wrong, of good and evil, of justice and injustice presuppose the existence of God.
5. The anthropological argument- the argument that teaches that since all of mankind has a basic knowledge of the presence of God it presupposes the existence of God.
D. Because a world without God is a world of chaos and meaninglessness. This was the major reason for Cornelius Van Til's reason for believing in God.
E. Because only belief in God satisfies the deepest longings of my soul.
1. “You have made us for yourself, O, Lord, and our heart is restless until if finds rest in you.” Augustine
2. “If God does not exist then everything is permitted.” Dostoevsky