Why No Christian Should Support The
The term Christian is used far too loosely today. Anyone who believes in Jesus is considered a Christian whether or not they understand the true Christian gospel, or regardless of how they live. Let me make this as clear and simple as possible. Should a Bible-believing Christian vote for the Democratic Party? It does not matter what any Christian leader may believe if their opinions conflict with the Word of God. Our final authority for every issue in life must always come from the Bible. The Democratic Party has adopted a platform that is driven by anti-Christian presuppositions. It should be apparent that it is impossible for a true Christian to vote for the Democratic Party and at the same time be loyal to Christ. The Democratic Party has become the enemy to the teachings of Jesus. The Democratic Party promotes the following un-biblical positions:
- Abortion and late-term abortion.
The Democratic Platform:
Opposes all federal and state laws that prohibit or restrict abortion.
Supports restoring taxpayer funding of Planned Parenthood.
Supports the repeal of the Hyde Amendment, which prohibits federal funds from being used for abortion services.
Opposes restrictions on medication (i.e., non-surgical) abortions that are “inconsistent with the most recent medical and scientific evidence and that do not protect public health.”
Supports “medically accurate, LGBTQ+ inclusive, age-appropriate sex education.”
Opposes conscience-based exemptions that would allow medical providers, employers, and others to refuse to provide contraceptives and abortifacients.
- Same-sex marriage
- The Democratic Party wages war on the traditional and biblical view of the family and marriage.
- The Democratic Party supports Black Lives Matter which is a Marxist and racist movement.
- The Democratic Party embraces and pushes White Privilege on the nation and is engaging in the reprograming and indoctrination of White children with this racist and discriminatory social philosophy.
- The Democratic Party supports reverse discrimination and the unjust idea of reparations.
- The Democratic Party has been pushing the “Defund The Police” movements and has allowed anarchists to run wild in our streets and calls them “peaceful protesters.”
- The Democratic Party has encouraged their constituents to get in the faces of those they oppose and harass them, push back on them, insult and shame them. The nasty divide in our nation has been fomented by the intolerance of the Political Left.
- The Democratic Party promotes outrageous tax schemes that are nothing short of theft and the redistribution of wealth.
- The Democratic Party justifies their outrageous tax schemes by saying the wealthy must pay “Their fair share” of the taxes. But they don’t tell us what “Their fair share” of the taxes means or who decides what is “Their fair share.”
- The Democratic Party advocates the most bizarre sexual behavior as curriculum for sex education in our public schools.
- The Democratic Party promotes the view that all white people are racist.
- The Democratic Party is supportive to the erasing of our American history, encourages the dismantling of many of our statues around the nation, and is promoting political correctness, multiculturalism and revisionist history that is rewriting the amazing story of the founding of this great republic.
- The Democratic Party appeals to Christianity only when it conveniently serves some ulterior purpose. But most of the time, the Democratic Party would have the Christian faith remain in the shadows and have little, if any, influence on the culture at all.
- The Democratic Party is promoting the unbelievable restrictions on freedom of speech, and is using a variety of hate speech laws to take away our first amendment rights.
- The Democratic Party is promoting socialism that will completely alter and destroy the fabric of this country.
- The Democratic Party has attracted some of the most radical communist, socialist and anti-American people into their leadership.
- The Democratic Party favors open borders and will allow so many people to enter this country from third world nations that it will endanger the Christian culture that has characterized this nation for over two hundred years.
- The Democrats welfare schemes, social engineering programs, eliminating the suburbs and their view that the Constitution is a living document that changes with time and culture will ensure that the United States of America in the future will look nothing like the United States of the past.
No matter how we spin it, a vote for the Democratic Party is a vote that sides with the enemies of Christ and is diametrically opposite to the laws of God’s Word. Gary Demar, a Christian theologian and writer said, “a political party that supports abortion on demand, recognizes same-sex marriage, believes that men can self identify as women, and women as men, is a party that Christians cannot support.”
On August 30th, 2019 the Democratic Party passed the following resolution:
“…Those most loudly claiming that morals, values, and patriotism must be defined by their particular religious views have used those religious views, with misplaced claims of “religious liberty,” to justify public policy that has threatened the civil rights and liberties of many Americans, including but not limited to the LGBT community, women, and ethnic and religious/nonreligious minorities …”
This outrageous and biased statement underscores what I am saying here. Christians are not making personal claims based on their own opinions. Christians are not pushing their own personal views. Christians are not threatening anyone’s civil liberties. Christians are only stating what the Bible clearly teaches. When we can no longer say to our generation, “Thus saith the Lord,” we have ceased to be a nation that is standing on the Word of God. How can any Christian vote for the policies of the Democratic Party that prohibit us from declaring what the Bible says to the nations of the earth?
How any Christian could support the murder of millions of babies annually by abortion, and support a variety of sexual perversions that are condemned by the Bible, and try at the same time to justify their vote for the Democratic Party, leaves me absolutely speechless. A vote for the Democratic Party, no matter how you cut it, is a vote that sides with the enemies of Christ and violates the laws of God.
When we list the many biblical reasons why a true Christian cannot vote for a Democrat we anticipate that those Christians who vote for the democratic party will try to justify their decisions by a number of arguments. They may argue that the Democratic Party is more sympathetic with the poor. They may argue that the Democratic Party has a great health care program for the elderly and those with mental health issues. They could suggest that the Democratic Party is more sensitive to environmental issues. There may be a number of other similar reasons that they could cite. However, let’s examine this line of reasoning by comparing it to Nazi Germany. During WWII the Nazi war machine exterminated 6 million jews. Since Roe v Wade in 1973, 61 million babies have been murdered by the abortion mill supported, defended and funded by the Democratic Party. Suppose in 1939 the German Nazi Party tried to defend their policy by saying, “We may be exterminating Jews but don’t forget all the good that we are doing for Germany. We have ended unemployment. We have increased programs for the poor and disenfranchised. We have given aid to the mentally impaired. We have used our taxes to help with sensitive environmental issues and many other issues.” How does this resonate with history? No one in 1939 or in 2020 would accept such pathetic arguments to justify the Jewish holocaust. Yet today millions of professing Christian Democrats use a similar approach to justify their support for a party that is involved in one of the worst holocausts in history.
Why is there not more of a moral outrage over the Democratic abortion machine? One reason is the moral decline of the general population in our country. Yet another reason must be the biblical ignorance that many professing christians have regarding the contents of the Bible. Finally, one reason why there is not an outrage about this holocaust of the slaughter of innocent babies is the we don’t have piles of dead corpses buried in trenches or dying in concentration camps. We don’t get to see the horrific results of abortion. The sight and stench of death does not engage our senses. Abortions are done in a sanitized way that hides this hideous and barbaric act of murder from the general public. When we listen to those professing Christians trying to justify their support for the Democratic Party we are not moved by their hollow arguments. We are shocked by their hypocrisy. And we are disgusted by their compromise.
Those who may differ with what I’m saying can try all they want to marshal arguments, play with words, invent clever slogans, try to rationalize their vote for the Democratic Party, and disagree with me vehemently. But it is not me that they need to worry about. Trying to win an argument with me proves nothing. Going head-to-head in debate with me, regardless of whether or not they think they can win, means nothing. Those who differ with what I’m saying must argue with the Almighty. They must justify how they could give financial and personal support to positions that are so clearly spelled out in the Bible as being utterly godless, perverted, and wicked. Those Christians who vote for the Democratic Party must explain how they can side with the multitudes in our population that are amoral, godless, and openly anti-Christian. Those Christians who vote for the Democratic Party, ultimately, must make their case to their Creator. I am absolutely convinced that those who try to make such a case will be utterly condemned at the day of judgment. Argue with me all you want, scoff at everything I’m saying, spin your arguments anyway you wish, but remember this—those who vote for the Democratic Party, if they are professing Christians, have much to give an account for. How does a professing Christian, who votes for the Democratic Party, explain that the vast majority, and I mean overwhelming majority of Christian pastors, leaders, theologians, and respected conservative seminaries and Bible colleges reject nearly all of the positions held by the Democratic Party? What answer can you give? When you frame your answer, do so in this manner see yourself before the judgment seat of Christ standing before the Lord Jesus, and you must make your case to Him why you stood with those who promoted the killing of babies by the millions. Why you stood with those who dismantled a Christian civilization, trampled the Word of God under their feet, supported every perversion imaginable, persecuted Christians, called good evil and evil good. You must explain how you could do this! Faithful pastors and those who love the Word of God should call upon every so-called Christian that voted for the Democratic Party to repent. The Scripture tells us “for him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not it is sin.”