Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Importance of the Presence of God

The great burden and task of the preacher is to lead people into the presence of God. Our lives, our example, our preaching, our worship should all facilitate to that end. This is a great message by Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones the great preacher from Wales, UK. Many who quote him know not the true spirit of the man. It is easy to quote great Christian leaders, it is another thing to seek to live as they lived and emulate their teaching and example. 

One man who knew Dr. Lloyd-Jones so very well is my dear friend Vernon Higham. Men like these have been a great blessing to me over the years. I remember once asking Dr. Edgar Andrews if he ever missed the doctor (Lloyd-Jones) and he said something like this to me, "It is interesting that you ask me that. Just the other day I was thinking of how much I missed that dear man."

I pray that my ministry will truly lead people into the presence of God. I pray that my preaching, worship, living and all that I do will cause people to thirst for God and long for His presence. 

This coming year may you all know the joy and the glory of the presence of God. To miss this is to miss the most important thing in life. We need to live daily in the presence of God and remind ourselves that we shall one day give an account for the life we have lived.

God bless you all,

Love in Christ,

Pastor Dickie




No comments: