Monday, January 18, 2010

Africa Conference 2010

Thank you for your prayers while we were in Africa!

We have returned safely and praise the Lord for His protection and blessing on our trip to South Africa. I spoke at two conferences and at three churches. We distributed a number of my books , What Bible Teaches About Worship and Living For Jesus. It is difficult for me to say how the Lord worked in our ministry. I will simply let the Lord reveal to us on the great Day what He was pleased to accomplish through our labors in Africa. I prayed and worked very hard to exalt our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. And I trust that the Lord was pleased to honor those unworthy efforts to serve Him.

I want to thank all of our Berean family for your prayers and support while we were away. I would also like to thank the team that went with me, Ben Dickie, Norm Walworth, Max Sharp and our assistant pastor Eric Stewart. They were tremendous. And the Lord gave us safety along the way. We landed at J- Burg and my first message was in Centurion which is north of J-Burg. Next we flew to Port Elizabeth and ministered to the Black Pastor's Conference. We then drove down to Cape Town for a few days. I unfortunately got sick with the flu and but recovered to be well enough to fly back to J-Burg and then preach at a conference on worship Bethany Baptist Church near Pretoria. The following day I spoke at Birchleigh Baptist Church in Johannesburg and at Constantia Park Baptist Church in Pretoria. I praise the Lord for whatever blessings and mercies He bestowed upon those messages and at those services.

We finished our trip with a visit to the Kruger National Park. That gave us a few days to rest and enjoy ourselves before the 17 hour flight home to Atlanta.

We are very tired but spiritually refreshed and glad to be back home with our families and with the Berean family.

I long for the Lord to open the windows of Heaven and to pour out His Spirit upon all the nations of the earth. May we all join in prayer to seek His blessing to that great end. God bless you all, In Christ, Pastor Bob

1 comment:

180°s said...

Dear Pastor Bob,

My name is Carlos Henrique, I have a very poor English but I try to write a few words because of our Lord.

I met you at the Conference FIEL, 2007 in Brazil. I am one of three men who came to you and told you that when our eyes looked like you had converted the day before, remember?

Since the day I met you today never stopped to listen, listen again and again to hear each one of his sermons in Brazil and in Portugal, they are the ones we have translated to Portuguese.

These sermons have encouraged me every day to continue as a believer, as an elder, as a servant of God LIVE!

I am grateful to God for you, your life, your ministry, your semons and I hope soon I can hear it and understand it in English.

Never stop, keep pastor, continue until the day that the Lord will call to your home!

For the Cross,
Carlos Henrique

Ps.: If you can to answer me, use my
blog: www.180grauss.blogspot.com
Or if you prefer my
e-mail: 180grauss@gmail.com, I appreciate it!