Thursday, October 15, 2009


Always Do Right!


When I was a student many years ago in college a slogan was posted in our dormitory that read, "It is never right to do wrong in order to get a chance to do right." Many people today are good at justifying poor behaviour if it leads to some good opportunity or end. I have never forgotten, however, the quote on the dormitory wall. I would encourage all of you to read this quote over and over and reflect on your life. Time is rushing by at such a fast pace. We will all be standing before the Lord before we know it. I pray that all of you will keep that moment in your mind. Let us not justify any gossip, slander, unkindness, mean and unloving spirit, or any un-Christian behavior in our lives. I have often seen people in life do some of the most unkind and un-Christian things and then casually say, "I didn't do anything wrong." We must not deceive ourselves. Always do right! I have always believed that the Lord will bless kindness, patience, generosity, meekness, thankfulness, and love. These are common ingredients in the Christian life. But sadly these things are missing by many who claim to be the people of God. May it never be so in our lives.


My vision and desire for all of those who sit under my ministry is this:


1. Be filled with the Spirit.

2. Follow the golden rule!

3. Be conformed into the image of Christ.

4. Walk with God in humility and kindness.

5. Be considerate of others.

6. Love one another with agape love.

7. Live in the continual practice of praise.

8. Be devoted to the gospel of sovereign grace.

9. Love the people of God for they are indwelled by the Lord of glory.

10. Be passionate in your love and devotion to the Lord Jesus Christ.


God bless you all!


Love, Pastor Dickie

No comments: